As promised, my little Cave Dwellers...STALACTITES and STALAGMITES!
This week has been crazy busy, and I really pushed it to get these guys finished up tonight. I'm gonna go light on explanations, since the basic building processes have been shown previously.
So here goes...I started with the core shapes made from styrofoam glued to some board. I had a few scrap pieces of board which determined the random shapes. I used a wooden dowel as an armature.
Next came a lot of smaller dowels sharpened on the belt sander, and bunches of toothpicks stuck everywhere. I quite frankly bit off more than I intended...as usual...and made a lot of work for myself.
Next I used the trusty hot-glue gun to cover the stalactites and stalagmites. I then painted a base coat of brown, mixed with wood glue.
Then came the mulch-paper mache...and a little detailing with a tool once it had dried a bit.
Here are all the little pieces covered with mache, ready for the final paint job. The ol' card table is full!!
And here are the completed terrain pieces!
I'm nearly done with this project...next up...modular Cave Tunnels!